It seems no matter which liberal-progressive you speak to today you can't find anyone to define any type of totalitarian government whether it be Socialism, communism, fascism or Marxism.
Well, Since facts do not appear to be important to those who become offensive when one uses facts to refute their "relative" ideology I thought I would expand the facts a bit more for those who are interested in them.
I was reading a book called the " Naked Communist" by Cleon Skousen who evidently began an intensive study of the "communist conspiracy" during his 16 year service with the FBI.
The following goals also appeared in the Congressional record January 10, 1963.
The list also confirms itself with community publications like "The worker" and"The people's world", as well as writings like the Communsit Manifesto.
Are we communist yet?( don't ask a liberal)
Better yet, Are you a communist? Could you be and not even know it? Here are some questions to help you see if you are:
Chances are if you approve of these questions you probably are but it isnt too late to change your thinking if you can see clearly, some may like the list of oppresions below or perhaps do not even see them as oppresive?
Here are the goals for Communism:
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to nuclear war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop illusion that total disarmerment by the United States is a demonstration of moral strength.
4. permit free trade between all nations regardless of communist affiliationand regardless if items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and soviet sattelites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of communist domination.
7. Grant reconciliation of Red Chian, Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Krushcev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under the supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as the negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow Soviet sattelites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If it's charter is re-written, demand that it be set up as aone world government with it's own independent armed forces.
12. resist any attempt to ooutlaw the Communist party.
13. Do away with loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the U.S.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutionsd by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools.Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda. Soften the cirriculum. Get control of the teachers associations.Put the party line in the textbooks.
18. Get control of the newspapers.
19. Use studentr riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under communsit attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writings, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression.An American communist cell was to" eliminate all good sculpture from the parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward,and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. " Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive,meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, moton pictures, radio and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promisuity as "normal' natural and healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social religion."
Discredit the bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the separation of church and state"
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out-of-step with modern needs, a hinderance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide babis.
30. Discredit the American Founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who hadno concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the "big picture"
32. Support any socialistmovement to give centralized control over any part of the culture, education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc...
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House committee on Un-American activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of the unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat alll behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand or treat.
39. Dominat the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coersive control over those who oppose communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks, and retarding of children to suppresive influence of parents.
42. Create an impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition;That students and special interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, polotical and social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize Panama canal.
45. Repeal the Connolly reservation so that the United States cannot prevent the World court from sizing jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
Is this not communism? According to the 1847 Communist manifesto it is, according to anyone that has studied communism it is. Why is it not only according to people that have never read anything about it?