· He voted for partial birth abortion and supports infanticide.
· He voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
· Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas).
· In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
· Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
· Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine .
· His religious convictions are very murky, at best.
· He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
· Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim nations. Why?
· Opposed the Patriot Act.
· First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
· Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers. Will he go after Oneida, Buck, and the Swiss for making knives?
· Supports universal health-care. Just ask a Canadian how that works.
· Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
· Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
· Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
· Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
· Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
. Wants to provide free education, including college, to illegals.
· Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
· Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)
· Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
· Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.
· He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets. Tax Increase.
· He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.
· He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.
· Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not true.
· He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.
Some outstanding issues still remain. As I recall, America was a "free country." Not free as in everything is no charge as many have high hopes for but free in freedom to worship, to persue life, liberty and the persuit of happiness the way we, as individuals, see fit for ourselves with respect, morality, liberty and virtue. If this is still true then help me understand the following links
mandatory youth brigades:
gun ban leadership:
"Change", yes but what kind of change?