Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Senator Smyser gives constituent the brushoff

Continued from the previous post in the correspondence with Senator Smyser,I received a kind short note, apparently refusing to answer my questions regarding her husband and the relationship with The governor, she simply said:

Thanks for you kind words. Have a great day!

I immediately felt compelled to call her out on her unwillingness to answer my questions:

Senator Smyser,
I am seeing a consistent pattern of our senators across the nation in that they feel that when they are poised with difficult questions, they feel that they can avoid the questions. This is the exact reason Why I feel that any incumbants that cannot give answers should be removed from office.

I have met you and I have watched you in your first term and actually appreciated some of the things that you said to me. I felt that out of most senators you may be one to answer those difficult questions.

Once again, I am asking you to answer the questioons I have submitted to you because I want to get a full knowledge of how you rationalize some of the decisions you make.

Again, I mean no disrespect, it is my duty as a concerned constituent to hold my representatives in office accountable unless you can provide somewhere in the constitution that says I shouldn't.

Please Senator, Answer my concerns ( I will list them again):

1. If you agree that we need to get back to the proper role of government, how do you explain the constitutionality of your husband being one of the largest lobbyists in the state? If he is pushing his agenda, do you abstain from voting on issues that he is lobbying for? Do you or do you not find that you being a senator and that of your husband being a lobbyist is a conflict of interest to your constituents?

Please explain.....

2. I also wonder about your appointment by CL Otter and the personal relationship that may have got you there rather than on your own merits and the desire of the people you represent. If it is that easy for someone to get elected, would it not be as easy to push an agenda even if it violates the constitution?

Thank you in advance for your response.

T

No comments: