Sunday, June 5, 2011

more local articles...

Articles found in local papers:

Due to the overwhelming response, all pictures, video, commetaries and testimonies will be available here where we have dedicated a page to Dr. Blue's outreach. Please feel free to visit and comment:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100002430715859

Choosing Life My eyes got teary as I drove by Broadway and saw the pictures of the aborted fetuses this past week. Abortion is a very personal issue to me, because I could have been one of those babies on their signs years ago.

Thirty-three years ago, my 14-yearold birth mother found herself with an unplanned pregnancy. I can't imagine how scared she was and how much grief she probably got from her friends and family. It would have been easy for her to walk into a clinic and "solve the problem" but she courageously chose adoption.

Every day, I wake up knowing I am blessed to be alive. I am so thankful that God knew me and created me before he formed the world (Psalms 139) and had a wonderful plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11). If it wasn't for my birth mother putting my needs before her own, I wouldn't be the daughter, grand-daughter, wife, or mother I am today.

You can hold up your "My body, my choice" signs, but, as a follower of Christ, I know my body was given to me by God and doesn't belong to me.

He bought me with a price -Jesus' death on the cross to pay for my sins -and everything I do from this day until I die, I do it to honor him.

Mom, whoever you might be, you gave me the chance to live life to the fullest.
Krista Nethercott Jackson


Another article:

The unsaved I watched with interest last week as the community clashed with the individuals from Operation Save America. What I saw and what I read were quite different from what the people of Jackson were proclaiming.

The only hate and violence being shown or shouted was from the people of Jackson. I was ashamed at what I saw people do and say to the folks from OSA.

We could expect this kind of response from the unsaved, because, frankly, they don't know any better, but the Christians in the community allowed their fellowman to be bombarded and never lifted a finger.

How OSA chooses to display its cause may not be palatable to the peo ple of this community, but this courageous group from all over the United States certainly drew a line in the sand and separated the wheat from the chaff.

I've always said that honor becomes relevant only when character is challenged; otherwise, anyone can sound good. Last week, the characters of First Baptist Church, River Crossing, Jackson Hole Baptist Church, Community Bible Church, Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church and the LDS church, to name a few, were challenged. These groups all proclaim to be against abortion, but not a soul showed compassion or even solidarity by writing a word to the paper. This sin by silence was out of fear and with good reason.

The only church that offered OSA people a place to meet and pray was Mountain View Baptist Church. That brave group had horrifying messages and death threats phoned to them and, and as we know, the church was vandalized. As Edmund Burke said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing," which is precisely what occurred.

Trena Eiden Big Piney, Jackson

Another article:

Stand Up In the 11 years I've lived in Jackson, I've never seen this community shaken up so much as when the protesters from Kansas and Operation Save America showed up. I heard a month before that a radical anti-abortion group was planning on coming to protest. I didn't think that was a good idea, because it seemed too controversial.

I completely forgot about it until the Wednesday morning they arrived on Broadway to deliver their "shock and awe campaign." When I saw the graphic pictures of the aborted baby, I was shocked and deeply offended. I wasn't offended that OSA showed the pictures in public, but I was offended that this is happening in our community on Saturday mornings.

For years, I've driven past EmergA-Care, admiring the airplane propellers over the entrance without thinking about what takes place inside. I've since talked with several churchgoers about this. They said they agreed with OSA's pro-life stance but didn't agree with the delivery of the group's message, because it wasn't a lovingenough approach.

The Bible says an open rebuke is better than hidden love. Isaiah 58:1 says, "Show my people their sins."

Abortion is horrific, and showing graphic pictures humanizes it.

A major turning point in the civil rights battle was the murder and open-casket funeral of 14-year-old Emmett Till. Tens of thousands of people filed past Emmett's body to see the horrors of segregation. As the brutal photos circulated around the country and television coverage of police violence against peaceful protesters in Birmingham made its way into America's living rooms, we decided we weren't going to tolerate it anymore.

OSA's protesting strategy has led to hundreds of abortion clinics being shut down around the country. They save thousands of unborn children's lives, each year. In Wichita Kan., the hometown of many of the protesters, all three abortion clinics have been shut down. The graphic pictures are effective in changing minds. My family and I stood for several hours with the protesters, and, let me tell you, it was uncomfortable. I haven't been flipped off or threatened like that before, but standing up for those who don't have a voice is worth it.

To the Christians and churchgoers in this community, don't be afraid to stand up for what you know is right, even if it puts you in an uncomfortable spot among your peers.
Jeremy Aughenbaugh Jackson


Another article:

No sin in Wichita?
Wichita must be virtually sinless. So much so that Operation Save America felt it necessary to travel to Jackson Hole, Wyo., to save our souls ("Local pastor arrested in Wyoming protest," May 22 Local & State).

This radical anti-abortion group tried to make Wyoming the first abortionist-free state. During their time here, protesters displayed extremely graphic photos, waved signs accusing a local doctor of being a murderer, and handed out religious tracts. All of this in full view and hearing of our children and very impressionable young people.

Our Jackson residents and Wyoming government are very capable of making our own governing decisions, without outside interference.

I realize this ministry is a small part of your community and not representative of all. I do ask the good people of Wichita to please increase their sinful behavior in order to occupy these people.

Make it bad.

Spirit One Christian Center pastor Mark Holick and his followers will save you.
RENIE REED
Jackson, Wyo.


Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/25/1863428/letters-to-the-editor-on-education.html#ixzz1O4uUKJWz


Town, Church Group Clash - Jackson Hole Daily:

http://e-edition.jhnewsandguide.com/JHNG/JHNG/2011/05/25/ArticleHtmls/25_05_2011_001_004.shtml?Mode=0

Other Jackson articles:

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=7313

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=7322

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=7324



No comments: